An authorization hold is the practice within the banking industry of reserving money at the start of a payment attempt to see if the card is eligible for the purchase.
The purchase amount is being reserved and this may render the reserved money as unavailable until the transaction is either completed or cancelled.
Simplex does not take any money from your account until the final approval of your transaction.
If your payment process is not completed, or gets declined/cancelled, the authorization is voided from our side right away if it was placed by us.
The amount reserved is then released to your account in 1 - 3 business days (not including weekends or other holidays, though usually it happens faster).
Please bear in mind that this hold is done by your bank, not by Simplex itself, therefore, we have no influence on the rate at which your funds will be released.
However, do not hesitate to contact us to check the status of your authorization.
If, for some reason, the authorization hold is not released within 3 business days, please check the following:
- Is the charge to “Simplex” visible in your banking statement?
- How long has it been since you carried out a payment?
- Were any weekends included in the authorization hold period? Kindly note that authorization hold is not processed by banks over weekends.
If the charge is still visible 3 days (not including the weekends and holidays) after your transaction was voided by Simplex, please contact our support team for further investigation in this matter.
You can do that in two ways:
- Live chat via the bottom right side of our homepage
- Submit a ticket through our Support Center.